Should you Use Liposuction?
Unhealthy diets and physical inactivity largely contribute to obesity. Many obese individuals can lose weight by changing their lifestyle including their diets and intensifying their physical exercises. However, some fatty cells are resistant to diet and physical exercises. In other cases, individuals seek help when their excess fatty cells are in large volumes and it may long take them too long to lose weight.
Liposuction is recommended for such individuals to shed excess weight. For some obese people, liposuction is a lifesaver especially when they are at risk of a chronic disease. Others opt for liposuction because they cannot commit to a strict diet or regular physical exercise. Whatever the reason for seeking liposuction is, individual should be informed of the pros and cons of the procedure beforehand.
Pros of Liposuction
- One advantage of liposuction is that it is a safe and easy method of losing weight. With current technology such as laser beams, liposuction is safe and has minimal side effects to patients.
- Patients see the changes in their weight almost immediately. This is critical for patients with a low self-esteem due to obesity or excess weight.
- Liposuction is faster than dieting and physical exercise, especially for individuals with large volumes of excess fatty cells.
- With the current liposuction technology, the patient downtime is short and one can easily resume their daily activities after the procedure.
- Current liposuction technology leaves the skin tight unlike traditional liposuctions that are associated with skin sagging.
- The success rate of liposuction is higher than other weight loss programs. Often obese people try many diets with no success before opting for liposuction.
- Liposuction is a good start to attaining and maintaining the desired weight level. Patients can maintain their new weight after liposuction by eating right and exercising.
Cons of liposuction
- Similar to other medical procedures, liposuction involves anaesthetics. Some patients may react to them especially if they are suffering from other diseases.
- Even with improved technology, some patients experience side effects such as excessive bleeding during the procedure and delays in healing.
In consideration of the cons and pros of liposuction, the choice is left to you as an individual. Often, doing proper medical check up can help deal with all the negative effects of the procedure. If anything, many people have successfully gone through the procedure and finally dealt with their excessive weight.